Guidance for Learning Disability Partnership BoardsJune 18 2013
This booklet offers guidance to Learning Disability Partnership Boards to help them ensure that carers of people with learning disabilities, and carers with learning disabilities are supported and involved in local service developments which affect their lives, and the lives of the people they care for.
The booklet covers:
- key facts about family carers of people with learning disabilities
- what the National Carers Strategy is, and how it relates to the work of Learning Disability Partnership Boards
- the responsibilities of Partnership Boards to ensure the National Carers Strategy’s aims are fulfilled for carers of people with learning disabilities, and carers with a learning disability
- important questions for Partnership Boards to ask in reviewing, devising and implementing services for people with learning disabilities and their carers, to ensure that the needs of carers are taken into account
- links to resources to support Partnership Boards’ ongoing work with carers
Copies of the Guidance have been sent to all Learning Disability Partnership Boards.